Dual NH

Enroll in one of the seven NH Community Colleges and be admitted into the University System of NH at the same time.

NH Transfer

NH Transfer provides resources and support for NH student to map the most seamless, efficient, and cost effective pathway to degree completion.

NEBHE Tuition Break

Find out how this program enables some NH residents the ability to enroll at out-of-state NE public colleges and universities at a discount.

A great way to reduce the total cost of your college education and to begin your college career is to start by attending a two-year community college instead of starting at a typical four-year college or university. Community college is less expensive than most four-year schools so, by first earning your two-year ("associate") degree or even just taking several courses at a community college, you can save yourself (and/or your parents) a lot of money while starting your postsecondary education.

As you won’t be able to complete a four-year degree at a community college, at some point, you will need to transfer to a four-year school to get your bachelor’s degree. This requires a little forward thinking on your part. It’s not necessarily the case that all your community college credits will transfer to all four-year schools. You will want to know ahead of time which community college credits you may have will transfer to which four-year school (and hence be counted toward the completion of a bachelor’s degree).

New Hampshire has two programs that link the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH) schools to many New Hampshire four-year colleges and universities, including the University System of New Hampshire (USNH) NH Transfer and Dual NH.

NH Transfer

NH Transfer is a website and a database offering information and guidance about transferring your college credits earned in the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH) to participating four-year public and private colleges and universities in New Hampshire.

You can use the Transfer Credit Database at nhtransfer.org to find out not only if your community college credits will transfer to a participating four-year school, but how they will transfer, as well (e.g., into what degree programs they transfer).

NH Transfer Participating Institutions

  • Colby-Sawyer College
  • Granite State College
  • Great Bay Community College
  • Keene State College
  • Lakes Region Community College
  • Manchester Community College
  • Nashua Community College
  • New England College
  • NHTI Concord’s Community College
  • Plymouth State University
  • River University
  • River Valley Community College
  • Southern NH University
  • University of New Hampshire
  • University of New Hampshire-Manchester
  • White Mountains Community College

Each of these campuses has an NH Transfer advisor to assist you through the process. To contact an advisor at any of these schools see NH Transfer’s list of advisor contacts by school.

NH Transfer FAQ

NH Transfer Connections Program

The NH Transfer Connections Program (NHTCP) is designed for high school seniors who eventually wish to enroll in a bachelor’s program at a University System of New Hampshire (USNH) school. NHTCP students begin their college study at either Granite State College or one of the campuses of the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH) and follow a plan with the assistance of an academic advisor. The student must meet minimum GPA and course completion requirements that will guarantee their transfer admission to Granite State College. Keene State College, Plymouth State College, University of New Hampshire or University of New Hampshire Manchester. Under most conditions, housing at the USNH school is guaranteed and an exclusive NHTCP scholarship program may be available.


Dual NH is a new educational pathway that allows students to enroll at one of the seven CCSNH schools and be admitted into the University System of NH at the same time. Students will first complete an associate degree at the community college and then transition to one of the University System of NH institutions to complete a bachelor’s degree. Students receive special academic advising along the way and can take advantage of activities at both colleges that may include academic, athletic, cultural and social events.

To find out how enroll, visit dualnh.com

The New England Board of Higher Education’s (NEBHE) Tuition Break, the New England Regional Student Program (RSP), provides a discount on out-of-state tuition to New Hampshire residents, when they enroll in approved degree programs at specific state colleges and universities in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont. New Hampshire residents are eligible for these degree programs, because they are not offered by any New Hampshire state colleges or universities. The RSP has helped New England families with discounts nearly 270,000 annual tuition bills since its inception nearly 70 years ago.

As a permanent resident of a New England state, a student is eligible for the RSP when enrolled in an approved degree program offered by a specific public college or university in another New England state. Approved majors (associate, bachelors and graduate) for residents of each New England state are listed in the annual catalogs and program database at www.nebhe.org/tuitionbreak.

A student completes the college’s application for admission and declares an approved major offered through the RSP by that college. Some college applications include a box to check for “New England Regional” or “RSP.” Otherwise, a student should indicate “Applying for Regional Student Program (RSP) status.” NEBHE does not require a separate application.

During the 2016-2017 academic year, 2,514 New Hampshire residents were enrolled under the RSP and saved an estimated $14.1 million on their annual tuition bills. Students enrolled full time saved an average of $7,156. Current rates are available on the “Tuition Savings” page at nebhe.org/tuitionbreak, as well as on the individual colleges' web sites.

Yes. A student should complete the FAFSA form and any financial aid applications required by the college(s) in order to be considered for any type of financial aid (scholarships, grants, loans and/or work-study). The RSP is a tuition discount, not a scholarship or grant.

NH students are eligible for varying degrees with the Tuition Break program including an Associate's in Aviation Science, Fashion Merchandising, Fine Woodworking and Cabinetmaking, and Sustainable Food and Farming; a Bachelor's in Plastics Engineering, Puppetry, Game Design, and Landscape Architecture; a Master's in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Historical Archaeology, and Hospitality and Tourism Management, a Doctoral in French, Nursing, and more. Click here for a list of all undergraduate and graduate degree programs, college contact information, tuition rates and savings, and details on eligibility.

Get Adobe Acrobat ReaderDownload Adobe Acrobat Reader